Randa's 'old fashioned values', football and Islam's (im)morality
On 13/2/07 in the Good Weekend (p51,52), Muslim Randa Abdel-Fattah wrote an Islamic victim article called Veils and Vegemite. On May 11th the Heraldsun wrote 'Faithful don the Red and Black' about a Muslim footballer. What do these have in common? Both were straight Islamization articles attempting to convince us of Islam's moral superiority without questioning the 'reasonableness' of Islam's bans, examining other 'bans' or noting the many things Islam allows that we find repulsive, inhuman, immoral or just absurd! eg 'the devout Muslim teen doesn't drink, gamble or smoke, despite the hookah in the lounge at home…(p9)
Ms Abdel-Fattah frequently mentions those nasty Aussies and their alcohol etc while noting the 'purity' of Muslims because they don't indulge "(even in moderation, even in tiny doses) in the things our society promotes as normal and acceptable (having a drink, relationships outside of marriage, trying a joint)….For Muslims such things remain taboo. We are considered outsiders because of our social norms and moral codes are undeniably different. One could say we are old-fashioned, but we are proudly so." (p52)
1) Alcohol: Professor Philip Hitti's authoritative History of the Arabs (St Martin's Press) notes Mohammad enjoyed khamr, made of dates (no grapes in Medina) soaked in water and allowed to ferment. (Fools push limits of tolerance By Piers Akerman, December 07, 2006)
Muhammad initially praises wine – then disapproves. To know this, you need to 'accept' the claimed 'chronological order' of the text (as distinct from numerical order!) where 'later written text' over-rides earlier text according to commentators writing hundreds of years later!! Sura 5 is considered the latest!
German woodcut print, c. 1481. Source (for this image and the one below): The Illustrated Bartsch. Vol. 83, German Book Illustration before 1500: Anonymous Artists, 1481-1482.
Koran sura 16.69: Then eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of thy Lord, made smooth (for thee). There cometh forth from their bellies a drink divers of hues, wherein is healing for mankind. Lo! herein is indeed a portent for people who reflect.
Koran sura 5.90: O ye who believe! Strong drink and games of chance and idols and divining arrows are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. Leave it aside in order that ye may succeed. (this isn't an absolute ban ie haram like pork!)
Koran sura 2:219: They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit." They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: "What is beyond your needs." Thus doth Allah Make clear to you His Signs: In order that ye may consider- (ie only spend your left over money on wine, gambling!)
Abu-Dawud Book 38, Number 4469: (Abu-Dawud died 889--- 257 years after Mohammad!)*Penalty: In 'Reliance of the traveler' there are a mass of laws prohibiting even selling grapes likely to become wine..
Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If he is intoxicated, flog him; again if he is intoxicated, flog him; again if he is intoxicated, flog him if he does it again a fourth time, kill him.
(Note 1n no. 4470 there was a concession against killing!)
Eg. P14.2 p 661,662 The prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said:
1) Scourge whoever drinks wine. If he drinks it again, scourge him again. If he drinks it again, scourge him again. If he drinks it a fourth time ' KILL HIM.' (in reference to Abu-Dawud No. 4470 –the killing may not be carried out!)
3) Whoever drinks wine in this world will be forbidden in the next.
What is immoral in alcohol? Yes you can have fun without alcohol but a lovely wine can add to a meal's enjoyment! Surely adults can be taught to behave responsibly rather than be treated as brain-dead morons who must accept dictates without question! Some Christian groups, Buddhists, Hindus, others 'ban' alcohol without inflicting Islam's sadistic punishments. Cars are deadly but we try to teach responsible behaviour and don't ban them because of a reckless few!
Note, you can't gamble or play chess or backgammon etc these are also 'enormities' (great sins)…so expect a whipping for buying that tattslotto ticket or betting on the Melbourne Cup!!…
2) Drugs---our society attempts to stop drug abuse but it doesn't violently punish offenders, it tries to understand their problems and 'rehabilitate' them. Note the massive drug problem in Iran and Afghanistan. Ex-Sydney detective Tim Priest stated "The most influential of the Middle Eastern crime groups are the Muslim males of Telopea Street, Bankstown, in southwest Sydney". Tim discusses not only their drug smuggling but many other crimes (Don't turn a blind eye to terror in our midst 12 jan 04 The Australian). Apparently selling drugs to infidel children is fine!
Bukhari Volume 7, Book 71, Number 660: Narrated Aisha:
Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he used to think that he had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not (Sufyan said: That is the hardest kind of magic as it has such an effect). (HA, HA!)
Bukhari Volume 1, Book 1, Number 2: (more in no.3-voices from the sky; .No. 4-fast moving lips etc…) Narrated 'Aisha: Al-Harith bin Hisham asked Allah's Apostle "O Allah's Apostle! How is the Divine Inspiration revealed to you?" Allah's Apostle replied, "Sometimes it is (revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state passes ' off after I have grasped what is inspired. Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says." 'Aisha added: Verily I saw the Prophet being inspired Divinely on a very cold day and noticed the Sweat dropping from his forehead (as the Inspiration was over).
Other text in Bukhari describes Mohammad's heart beating rapidly, falling to the ground, shaking, spit drooling, sweating, making a snoring noise like a camel----Some nasty doubters have claimed Mohammad had fits, faked it or took drugs!!
3) As for 'relationships' outside marriage---it's hard for a Muslim male to squeeze them in between his 4 wives (Koran sura 4.3), sex with as many slaves as he can get his hands on (they could rape married female slaves and females taken in jihad), and his secret misyar marriages for Sunnis where women give up all rights while the male can visit her as he wishes and the 'marriage' is hidden from his other wives and mut'a marriage in Shi'ite Islam, contracted for a particular period of time. (read –"Pleasure Marriages" in Sunni and Shi'ite Islam: MEMRI, Inquiry & Analysis-Saudi Arabia, August 31, 2006, No. 291.) The Muslim male can divorce wives with a few words so he must always be on the lookout for new, young females to replace those old ones! And don't forget 'rape' -Muslim men in the west where those slutty western females just deserve it (they are promised as booty in jihad!), are responsible for 65->80% of rapes in Europe (Norway:Muslims only a tiny % of population - Non-western (Muslim) men responsible for 65% of rapes…because Muslim men find western dress provocative! Age 3/9/02. Remember cat's meat hilali- threatens uncovered women!). Even covered Muslim women aren't safe in the west or Islamic countries! Remember Muslim women cannot prove rape without male witnesses and run the risk of being charged with adultery or fornication and being honour killed or stoned to death or, if lucky, jailed!
Islamic text and law describes women as 'fields men can plough as they wish' (Koran sura 2.223), endorses sex with slaves/females whether given or taken in battle (Koran 70.30, 4.24, 23.1-7, hadiths-masses eg *Muslim Book 8, Nos 3371, 3372, 3377, 3383, 3384, 3385, 3432, 3433, 3434: *Bukhari Volume 8, Book 77, Number 600;*Abu-Dawud book 11, Number 2167; *Malik's Muwatta Book 28, Number 28.16.38a and Book 29, Number 29.32.95: * Sirat Rasulallah –biography of Mohammad by Ibn Ishaq/Ibn Hisham)(9th century) eg pp.464-466- and many more!!
None of these associations with females could be called equal 'relationships' whether in or out of marriage! Islam forbids any contact between unrelated males and females- no speaking, no touching, so that even normal day-to-day activities and friendships for us become impossible for devout Muslims. Islam demands both religious and gender apartheid and many articles have been written linking the violence in Islamic societies, child sexual and physical abuse, jihad, terrorism, rape, beating women and honour killing to Islam's perverted sexuality where females are regarded with a combination of fear and loathing, men control women and 'honour' rests on ensuring the 'purity' of your women!
Give me equality, friendship, love and sexual freedom between consenting adults (not with pre-pubescent children as allowed in Islamic text and law) any day! This sick attitude to women, which continues into Islamic paradise (endless virgins, untouched by man or jinn - -or young males like scattered pearls and wine), will be examined in article 3. (Article 2 will examine some other harmless pleasures banned under Islam!)
4) We are told our devout footballer must pray 5 times a day! Why? Christians claim to have an in-dwelling, personal god but clearly the Muslim god is remote, alien and demands public homage by dictating that humans must grovel on the ground 5 times a day, reciting 'prayers' or else.
Koran 51.56: "I did not create Jinn and Men except that they may worship/serve me" (Jinn are demons/devils created by allah)
Reliance of the traveller: f1.2 p109 'When a child with discrimination is 7 years of age, he is ordered to perform the prayer, and when 10 is beaten for neglecting it.'
Many things are harmful in excess but give enjoyment when used responsibly and people are left to choose. 'Freedom of choice' is NOT a concept in Islam whose ideology is constructed as a series of dictates that MUST be obeyed, no questions asked! All is pre-ordained in Islam eg in Muslim Book 33, Nos 6390—6437.. you will find such delights as allah creating paradise and HELL and breathing SIN and piety into people (in stark contrast to Christian text where there is no darkness/evil in god), and fashioning people from a 40 day-old bloodclot then determining everything about them –including whether they get into paradise or hell. Those who sensibly enquired 'why bother doing good if it's already determined' were told allah would facilitate the good deeds of those going to paradise ie if you do good deeds easily you might think you're going to paradise –but other text says some behaved as if going to paradise but were sent to hell because once your destiny is written, nothing can be changed!!! What sort of 'MORAL' god eternally punishes people for something he pre-ordained? 'Morality' in Islam has nothing to do with personal choice (your behaviour is pre-determined, you must follow dictates or be punished) or with humane considerations as everything Mohammad did, said, allowed his companions to do or didn't ban is 'morally OK' (many things we regard as grossly immoral or inhumane) while things he 'banned' aren't OK!
Give me my champagne at my child's wedding, my freedom to hug my next-door neighbour without being raped as a slut, my tattslotto or raffle ticket and my right to choose any day! Moral superiority-rubbish; sick, repressive dictates- yes!
Al-Misri, Ahmad ibn Naqib; Reliance of the Traveler: A classic manual of Islamic sacred law. In Arabic with facing English Text, commentary and appendices edited and translated by Nuh Ha Mim Keller amana publications Maryland USA 1994
Warraq, Ibn: Why I am not a Muslim Prometheus Books New York 1995
Sirat Rusulallah by Ibn Ishaq Translated by A. Guillaume. Fifteenth Impression, 2001 Published by Oxford University Press, Karachi, Pakistan. ).
Most text available at THIS LINK (for hadiths) and THIS LINK (for Koran) Note verse numbers can vary within translations.
Many 'English' versions are very 'sanitised' or 'mistranslated'.- also in Reliance of the Traveller!